[RELEASE] Sweep Visualizer BETA v0.15.0 Release Notes
Today we released an updated version of the visualizer! You can download it here: http://scanse.io/downloads.
Note: Some features of this version (v0.15.0) of the visualizer assume the sweep device is using the latest firmware. The visualizer application will inform you with a pop-up notification if your firmware is outdated. If your device is running old firmware, please upgrade the visualizer and then immediately upgrade the firmware from within the new visualizer before attempting to do anything else. Instructions for updating firmware are available here: https://support.scanse.io/hc/en-us/articles/224557908-Upgrading-Firmware.
This release brings a new features, improvements and bug fixes. However, we are still calling this release the "Sweep Visualizer BETA" because the application will see rapid development, with patches and new features released frequently. To track these changes we have adopted a semantic version scheme which takes the form "Major.Minor.Patch".
For each release we will create a pinned (sticky) thread, just like this one, in the "Announcements and Releases" category. These threads will provide release notes, but we also encourage users to post here about bugs and issues related to a specific release. We also have a dedicated category for the Sweep Visualizer, where you can find topics related to the visualizer in general.
The "Support" section of the scanse website offers documentation and tutorials for the visualizer. Check them out here: https://support.scanse.io/hc/en-us/sections/207173067-Sweep-Visualizer
Release Notes v0.15.0-beta
- Added support for importing
.ply files of the expected format.
- Added first person (FPV) camera controls, so you can walk around inside 3D scans.
- While in Camera Mode, select
First Person View from the
Alternate Views dropdown.
MOUSE: look around
E: raise or lower camera
ESC: exit FPV mode
You can download example 3D scans to try out in the Visualizer here.
- Switched to asynchronous loading of
.xyz files, yielding improvements in memory usage.
- Fixed a bug where applying point removal to a 3D scan would cause the point size render setting to reset to default (4).
- Small memory leak when updating the HTML in the data table while excessively scrolling through a very large recording. Temporary fix avoids updating the HTML in the data table unless the data table is the active tab. Proper fix will come in the form of a dynamic back end system for the data table.
- Firmware update on macOS is slow.
Again, we encourage you to report any issues or bugs you encounter and to voice your ideas for new features and tools. This will help us push updates and patches as fast as possible.
- Scanse Team