[RELEASE] Sweep Visualizer BETA v0.13.1 Release Notes
Today we released an updated version of the visualizer! You can download it here: http://scanse.io/downloads.
Note: This version (v0.13.1) of the visualizer assumes the sweep device is running firmware v1.1 or newer. If your device is running firmware v1.0, please upgrade the visualizer and then immediately upgrade the firmware from within the new visualizer before attempting to do anything else. Instructions for updating firmware are available here: https://support.scanse.io/hc/en-us/articles/224557908-Upgrading-Firmware.
Note: If you are using an old version of the visualizer we have switched to different type of windows installer. So, you may have to uninstall the previous version or its possible you'll see both versions installed.
This release includes both a minor update and hotfix. It brings some small improvements and bug fixes. However, we are still calling this release the "Sweep Visualizer BETA" because the application will see rapid development, with patches and new features released frequently. To track these changes we have adopted a semantic version scheme which takes the form "Major.Minor.Patch".
For each release we will create a pinned (sticky) thread, just like this one, in the "Announcements and Releases" category. These threads will provide release notes, but we also encourage users to post here about bugs and issues related to a specific release. We also have a dedicated category for the Sweep Visualizer, where you can find topics related to the visualizer in general.
The "Support" section of the scanse website offers documentation and tutorials for the visualizer. Check them out here: https://support.scanse.io/hc/en-us/sections/207173067-Sweep-Visualizer
Release Notes v0.13.1-beta
- Added 1D median filter as a pre-processing option in the boundary detector.
- Added tooltips to many settings. Hovering over the setting label will now show a small description of the setting.
- From here on out, windows NSIS installer will first uninstall previous installations > 0.13.1
- Added troubleshooting link in WebGL error message.
- Greatly improved the boundary detector's line extraction performance.
- Incrementing the value of a numerical input (ex: grid bounds) will now increment from the placeholder value.
- Fixed error when logging internal errors related to parsing csv files.
- Fixed bug where certain setting in the boundary detector did not take effect.
- Fixed bug where tape measure line persists after the scan changes.
- Fixed bug where certain window sizes would cause the perception tab to disappear.
- Small memory leak when updating the HTML in the data table while excessively scrolling through very a large recording. Temporary fix avoids updating the HTML in the data table unless the data table is the active tab. Proper fix will come in the form of a dynamic back end system for the data table.
- Firmware update on macOS is slow.
- Clustering methods (DBSCAN and OPTICS) can cause errors under certain rare conditions.
Again, we encourage you to report any issues or bugs you encounter and to voice your ideas for new features and tools. This will help us push updates and patches as fast as possible.
- Scanse Team