[RELEASE] Sweep Visualizer BETA v0.10.0 Release Notes
Today we released the latest version of the visualizer! You can download it here: http://scanse.io/downloads.
Note: In Nov 2016, we released a preview of the visualizer (v0.9.0) which was not strictly compatible with the firmware installed on the final Sweep product. There was also an issue with that version which prevented the software from reporting an available update. So if have installed v0.9.0, please uninstall it and be sure to grab the latest version provided above.
This release brings new features, and bug fixes. However, we are calling this release the "Sweep Visualizer BETA" because the application will see rapid development, with patches and new features released frequently. To track these changes we have adopted a semantic version scheme which takes the form "Major.Minor.Patch". Therefore this release is a minor version increment over the previous release (0.9.0 -> 0.10.0).
For each release we will create a pinned (sticky) thread, just like this one, in the "Announcements and Releases" category. These threads will provide release notes, but we also encourage users to post here about bugs and issues related to a specific release. We also have a dedicated category for the Sweep Visualizer, where you can find topics related to the visualizer in general.
The "Support" section of the scanse website offers documentation and tutorials for the visualizer. Check them out here: https://support.scanse.io/hc/en-us/sections/207173067-Sweep-Visualizer
Release Notes v0.10.0
- Updated serial protocol and support for devices running firmware v1.0
- Added support for LiDAR info command
- Added support for LiDAR sample rate command
- Application now restores previous window state (position and size) when opened
- Side bar is now shown when major tab (Visualizer/Data Table) is clicked
- Version alert popup is now shown only if the visualizer or firmware it out of date
- Added patch (major.minor.patch) to version scheme
- Added support for CSV files
- Added version to application title
- Improved Firmware Update wizard
- Limited grid spacing settings to some min/max value
- The data table data is now cleared when a scan is cleared
- Motor Speed Drop-down now shows the current speed of the motor when a device is plugged in
- Improved the behavior of the user interface during recording
- Upon changing settings, the visualizer now resets the size of the buffered geometry used to represent the data. Uses prefixed default sizes corresponding to a given combination of motor speed and sample rate settings
- Added check for corrupted data block receipts
- Added error message box when file fails to open
- Added local logging of application starts
- Added local error logging
- Added local statistics logging for each data acquisition session
- Fixed bug where the applications cache was not being cleared before checking online for updates, which was causing the application to misrepresent itself as the latest version.
- Improved Port Shutdown/Disconnect Process
- Fixed a bug where the line drawn by the Tape Measure Tool would persist when the scan was removed
- Fixed a bug where the Bitrate field from a Device Info receipt was not displaying correctly
- Fixed a bug with the initial info gathering that manifested as an unconnected device
- Fixed bug in data playback and data table resulting from opening an empty recording file
- Fixed bug where the correct COM port name was not selected by default on windows
Known Issues & Bugs:
- Memory leak when updating the HTML in the data table. Temporary fix avoids updating the HTML in the data table unless the data table is the active tab. Proper fix will come soon in the form of a high performance back end system for the data table.
- Firmware update on macOS is slow.
- Firmware update can only be performed once per app instance. Subsequent updates require restarting the application. Temporary fix removes the update firmware button after the first update, until the app is restarted.
- Application does not present user with motor speed 00 as an option. Until the firmware is updated to disable data acquisition with motor speed 00, the visualizer will not support this setting. This is to avoid the user accidentally collecting data while the sensor is stationary.
- Under certain circumstances, the correct COM port name is not selected by default on mac.
Again, we encourage you to report any issues or bugs you encounter and to voice your ideas for new features and tools. This will help us push updates and patches as fast as possible.
- Scanse Team